Sunday, November 14, 2010

Husnes Again







These are some more photos from the beautiful town of Husnes, in the Hardanger region of Norway. My grandmother has lived here for over 40 years. My friend Alex was vistiting me while on her gran tour of Europe so we had to make a special stop in at Husnes while she was here. It was the first time I had visited my grandmother on my own. Pretty monumentous, and very strange, as I am 20 years old. She only speaks Norwegain and until very recently I spoke no more than 10 words in Norwegian. Usually I travel for more than 24 hours to visit her. This time it was only a 3 hour ferry trip. While we were visiting we ate homemade apple cake, with apples from the garden, plum jam made from homegrown plums, local salmon and mor mors famous krotekake. We met all my grandmothers friends at the shopping centre, learnt where all my ancestors came via a lot of hand gestures to the atlas and ate boiled salmon and potatoes for dinner. It was great.

1 comment:

  1. boiled salmon and potatoes and veg LATHERED in butter. followed by apple cake. one of the most memorable dinners on my trip :)

    ReplyDelete